Facebook Hotel Böhm 

HISTORY OF HOTEL RESTAURANT BÖHM


House name

First mentioning

The first written mentioning of the property goes back to the year 1838; the then owner Georg Regner, a "wood turner" and "postman". The house name "Draxler" originates from the wood turner (Drechsler in German) family Regner


1907/08

Building up as a restaurant and a butchery through August and Maria Böhm


1945

The Böhm property was one of the few houses in Grafenwöhr, which wasn't destroyed in the 2nd world war (April 1945), only the ice-cellar of the butchery fell victim to the bombing


1950

Handover to Paul and Justine Böhm


1958/59

Demolition of the butchery-part and building up of the snug in the today's size; additionally the guestrooms over the snug were enlarged


1970

Extension of a third floor


1971/72

Rebuilding of the restaurant


1985

Handover to the current operators Heinrich (cook and confectioner) and Hannelore Böhm


1986

Extension and building of a new kitchen area, confectionary, café and renovation of the guestrooms with en suite facilities


2002

Renovation of the guestrooms


2006

Complete renovation of the facade and reconstruction of the roof